I have never felt the urge for saving money or whatsoever. Some might say that it is due to lack of experience of “being poor”, meaning, that I haven’t experienced any virtues that lacking money all the time would provide. I would say this is true, however, only partially. I can even by myself feel the difference. In other words, a “poor” me would have been different for sure. If I told myself that money would not change me, that would be an outright lie and I believe that there is nothing wrong with it. In a world which is purely based on monetary, it is indeed absolutely normal.
So why did I say that It is only partially true in this case? This is simply because there whole a second reason why I am not trying to save any money (not trying to save and trying not to save simultaneously actually!). The reason which I believe every and each one of us should have but due to all earthly things we are usually blinded to see, which is, enjoying the life at max. Simply put; saving money may enable you to have a better life in 10 or 15 years but it will for sure decrease your life standards of today. So why would I give away my presence for the sake of a better future which I don’t even know whether I am going to get?
Obviously, moderation is the key here as well as always. Living your life for me never meant to spend all the salary by the 3rd of each month. I have usually, if not always, managed to “survive” till the end of the month. Furthermore, I have initiated many creative projects which one day can get me out of this vicious work-get-paid cycle once and for all, enabling me to actually live the life at full without concerning about the money, not at all. My main goal on this moderation, however, has been always not postponing anything for the sake of saving money for the future. Here, the thing to be postponed can be a small thing (e.g. going to a nicely-designed starbucks for an unnecessarily expensive coffee) or a big thing (e.g. going for a vacation) as well as the future, which could be a short (e.g. a year) or long (e.g. 15 years).
Living like that could have been as smooth as what I have described here. However, I have got myself into debt from which I got rid of thanks to my family, which is definitely not desired for anyone unless your parents are multi millionaires. It all happened due to my attempts to get rid of this vicious cycle which I described above. This is a side-effect of being aware of the importance of living the moment/your life and therefore trying to break your vicious cycle to live it at max. At this point, I must also admit that the temporary failure (which I prefer to call “timeout”) on that and the debt which is a consequence of the same timeout have taught me a few new things, the things which I would probably never realize if I achieved everything smoothly as I had imagined. This kind of fulfilled the absence of these virtues that I explained at the beginning. All that, nevertheless, hasn’t changed anything about the main goal, which is enjoying the life. There is one big exception though, which I haven’t experienced yet but know that it is there as an exception.
Having a child or a dependant is the only exception I am aware of for giving up on your present luxury. Regardless of whether one actually wanted him/her in your life, one must not forget about him/her as well as his/her future and in accordance with this purpose, he/she must give up on his/her own comfort if necessary, obviously again with moderation.
Hiç yorum yok:
Yorum Gönder